Root canal therapy is a standard dental procedure that can enhance your oral health significantly. Our dentists at Clearview Dental will teach everything you need to know about root canals in this blog.
What Is A Root Canal Treatment?
To remove the unhealthy tissues from the root canal, your Round Rock dentist will utilize a combination of dental procedures. The tissues are then replaced with dental-grade material. Root canal therapy is a good approach to eliminate bacterial infections and prevent them from spreading.
What Happens In A Root Canal Procedure?
There are a few steps to a root canal procedure. The details have been provided below by the best dentist in Round Rock.
- To begin, schedule an appointment with your Round Rock dentist, who will take an X-ray of the impacted tooth. It assists in determining whether the tooth is infected and requires root canal therapy.
- Sedation is then used to numb the affected area so that no pain is felt during the process.
- A rubber dam is utilized to keep the damaged tooth isolated from the rest of the mouth and saliva.
- A dental bur is used to drill a hole into the damaged tooth, allowing access to the pulp cavity.
- The dead or infected pulp, nerve, and tissues must be removed next. The pulp cavity is then thoroughly cleansed.
- The pulp cavity is then sealed with an inert rubber-like dental material referred to as gutta-percha, after washing and shaping it. Gutta-percha is completely safe and suitable for your oral cavity
- The next procedure is to use a permanent or temporary filling to restore the dental crown.
How Long Does A Root Canal Procedure Take?
Root canal treatment can now be completed in a single visit thanks to recent improvements in dental technology that have reduced the time required for this procedure. The current technology allows for the root canal procedure to be completed in just one visit, making it a popular choice in today’s world. Treatment time for minor or basic root canal cases ranges from 30 to 60 minutes. A difficult case, on the other hand, could take up to 90 minutes or even longer. The capacity of the patient to sit with his or her mouth open, as well as the anatomy or shape of the roots and tooth, all influence the progress of the root canal operation. Root canal treatment is the best procedure that should not cause patients any anxiety or worry.
What Happens After A Root Canal Treatment?
The root canal procedure can be performed in as little as one day (one day RCT). This can help to cut down on the time it takes to complete this treatment. Your dentist in Round Rock, however, may advise you to undergo a two-day root canal treatment. Both appointments can be scheduled a week apart. For those who are experiencing extreme discomfort, inflammation, or intense pain from the damaged tooth throughout the procedure, a two-visit root canal is usually recommended. You should be mindful to observe adequate and good aftercare for the freshly treated tooth when undergoing root canal surgery. After the treatment, you should avoid chewing with the recently repaired weak tooth until your dental care professional inserts the crown or filling.
We hope this blog has helped you to understand all you need to know about root canal procedures. Book an appointment with us at Clearview Dental if you are looking for the best root canals in Round Rock, TX.